- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 cup fresh tomato, chopped (or one 15 oz can diced tomatoes)
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, kernels drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (1 1/4 oz) taco seasoning mix
- 8 corn tortilla
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1⁄3 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste (less or more)
- Brown ground beef and chopped onions in large skillet; brown 10 to 12 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring constantly. Drain well and rinse with warm water to remove all fat; return beef/onions to skillet.
- Add corn, black beans, tomatoes, jalapenos, and taco seasoning mix; mix well. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile spray 12 x 8 inch (2 quart) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each tortilla in half; place 8 halves in bottom of sprayed baking dish, overlapping slightly.
- Spoon half of beef mixture evenly over tortillas. Spoon sour cream over beef mixture; spread evenly. Top with remaining 8 tortilla halves and remaining beef mixture. (Cover tightly with foil & freeze for later or cook as directed below).
You can find complete recipes of this Mexican Casserole in kitchme.com